When I worked in the healthcare field I spoke with many people about different health plans. It always seemed that Medicare was the major plan that was confusing or difficult to navigate for both, those who had it and for those who were care takers. United Medicare Advisors asked me to partner with them to share information on how and where you can receive information on Medicare and the value and importance of Medicare Supplement Insurance.
When we’re young, Medicare seems like a lifetime away from our parents and us, but life has a way of sneaking up on you. Whether you are making medical decisions for a parent, family member, or for yourself, it’s important to understand Medicare and how it works. Most people don’t have a competent advisor in their Medicare journey and that’s where United Medicare Advisors comes in.
United Medicare Advisors (UMA) gives some of the best resources (blog posts, landing pages, groups) with the best attitude. You’ll find information from finances to enrollment to plans, along with a community and conversation about Medicare enrollment.
Personally, I now need to help my mom and my husband through the maze of Medicare. As I said in the beginning, I was in the healthcare industry so I know more than the average person and it can still be confusing. Let’s go over some basics that we all should know!
- Every year, enrollment for Medicare is from October 15th – December 7th.
- Medicare Part A is hospital insurance (known as Original Medicare)
- Medicare Part B is doctor’s office insurance (known as Original Medicare)
- Medicare Part C plans are Medicare Advantage plans
- Medicare Part D is prescription drug insurance
Find a Friend
We all have different needs when it comes to our healthcare, and we also have different incomes. It’s important to have someone who is extremely knowledgeable with Medicare Supplement insurance, also known as Medigap, to help you. Since Medicare pays 80% and you’re responsible for the remaining 20%, a Medigap plan helps to cover those costs. United Medicare Advisors (UMA) can help you find the Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan that is the best value for your needs.
Because we all have different needs, we’ll have our own specific questions. Are you an international traveler? Do you take a lot of prescriptions? United Medicare Advisors has a great chart that is easy to read to find what best fits your health care needs. You can then call to speak to an agent that can explain your options clearly.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of United Medicare Advisors.