The biggest organ in your body is your skin and it’s the hardest organ to look after. If there is one thing we don’t want our skin to do, it’s to break out in unsightly spots. We spend money on hair and beauty products to give us enhanced features and a smoother look, including to cover blemishes and unsightly scars. Spots can really put your day on a downer if you can’t clear up the blemish so take these top tips into consideration when it comes to looking after your skin, and you can stay acne-free.
- Your pillowcase is a hotbed of oil and dirt, and you likely don’t even realize it. Your scalp and face sweat during the night, leaving your pillowcase to collect the dirt. Change your pillowcase every week so that you can avoid long term sleeping in your own secreted skin cells – lovely!
- As much as possible, try not to touch your face. Think about the things you touch during the day. Doorknobs, elevator buttons, snotty kids – all these things transfer dirt to your hands. Then you touch your face or hair and transfer bacteria from those places to your pores that you’re trying to keep clear.
- Cleaning up your diet does more for your skin than almost everything else. Water based foods and plenty of actual water can make your skin clear up so quickly. Cutting back on fatty and greasy foods means you will have less of the oil coming through your skin.
- Where you can, use the right cleansers and moisturizers for your skin. Anti Ageing Skincare products can treat your skin the way it always should be and hold off the wrinkles for a little longer. This’ll keep your skin clear and smooth.
- Makeup is one of the biggest causes of oily, spotty skin. It clogs the pores and can cause the skin to react, becoming oily and dull. Always wash makeup off as thoroughly as you can.
- Increasing the blood flow to your skin will ensure that you get oxygen to your face. Exercise can do this for you, as well as reducing your stress levels. Sweating out the bacteria from your skin is important but even more importantly, washing your face after the gym is top priority! You want to sweat out the toxins, then wash them off!
- Invest in some towels for your bathroom so you have a separate one purely for your face. This prevents the spread of bacteria from your hands and other parts of the body back to your face. The less bacteria you have on your face, the healthier your skin will be.
There is so much you can do for your skin to keep it soft and supple for as long as possible, you just have to be vigilant about it. It’s easy to be lazy about skincare but if you hope to stave off the years and look as vibrant as you can, then follow the steps above and you can’t go wrong.