When it comes to milestone birthdays they should be celebrated in style. I love to travel whether it’s across the globe or across my own state. When there’s a milestone birthday or any birthday for that matter it’s the perfect time to find a place close to escape for a couple nights to celebrate the occasion. Foxwoods Resort and Casino is the perfect getaway for anyone in the New England area for a quick getaway! Here are 5 reasons to celebrate a milestone birthday at Foxwoods.
- The Grand Pequot Tower is a AAA Four Diamond hotel with sophistication that will meet your craving for luxury. Each of the deluxe rooms and suites will give you everything you need. We had an amazingly comfortable King bed with an amazing view. It’s important the the bed and pillows are comfortable but I also love a large bathroom that has plenty of counter space. Our bathroom did not disappoint, I had an entire vanity counter to myself. There was also plenty of space around the room for any of our items. The hotels and casinos all are attached so you can walk anywhere in the resort without going outside. I have also stayed at Fox Tower which is on the other side of the resort.
- Dining at Foxwoods may overwhelm you. There are so many choices from fast food to casual and fine dining. In our super comfy chairs
Casual Dining- We didn’t leave our house at the planned time so we were late checking in but at Foxwoods, it’s no problem. We decided to eat casual the first night and tried High Rollers. This bowling alley/ lounge is not where you’ll find typical bowling alley food. The creative menu puts a twist on casual food. I got a chicken fajita which was- Chicken, Sweet Roasted Onions & Peppers, Chili Lime Aioli on Naan Bread. It also came with a good size side salad. The Sicilian got the NY Street Steak – Sirloin Strip Steak, Caramelized Onions, American Cheese on a Bao Bun with not your average tater tots on the side. Our dinner was spot on with flavor and portions.
We went to Juniors for breakfast but they also serve lunch and dinner. I have been a Junior’s fan for years from NYC. Whether you eat there or not their cheesecake is a must-have. I actually used to stop there on my way home from work to buy a cheesecake to bring home (Yes in NY). Now they are here in CT!!! Hello Cheesecake! Their reuben’s are amazing too. Let’s get back to breakfast- I sometimes just want a normal breakfast so I’m not over doing it. My normal is french toast, bacon, and a mimosa!
Fine Dining – When traveling I like to experience fine dining. Previously I ate at David Burke Prime Steakhouse so we decided to go with Cedars Steakhouse & Oyster Bar. Here is where you will find Maine lobster that you can pick yourself from the tank, a raw bar, “42” Tomahawk Chop for Two, and my favorite…. filet mignon! We started with bread and salad and of course Prosecco! Next up was the lobster bisque, the flavor was delicious but there wasn’t a lot of “lobster” in it. This would not stop me from ordering it again. I ordered a topper for my filet mignon (on the side of course!) the topper- jumbo lump crab and bearnaise over asparagus was mouth-watering. My filet was cooked perfect and seasoned just right. I was so full I said no to dessert which was extremely difficult! The Sicilian loved his prime rib and he raved over his side of dill buttered corn with peppers. We now make this at home! You will need to talk a walk from being so stuffed!
3. Entertainment galore- You will find so much entertainment at Foxwoods it can be overwhelming. I suggest to make sure to look at what shows are there and get your tickets ahead of time. You can wander around and fill in the other nights with the live bands, go to the club, or grab a spot at one of the bars and have a drink. We had tickets for Cirque Eloize. This was the Sicilians first Cirque so I was excited to see his face. There wasn’t a bad seat in the house and you will not take your eyes of the stage for fear of missing something. Cirque Eloize is a take on West Side Story with breath taking stunts, circus arts, theatre, acrobatics, and dance with an urban city landscape. The energy captivates you and will have you clapping while standing on your feet.
4. The G Spa will rejuvenate your body, soul and mind. As a spa snob I can say this spa will give you the break you need from life to de-stress and enjoy relaxation with your best spa buddy. The spa offers an array of massages, facials, body treatments, hair services & manicure and pedicure combinations. Take advantage of the eucalyptus steam room, sauna, waterfall whirlpool, and sun decks. Plan on a minimum of a few hours at the G Spa! Need a recommendation on which service to ask for? We indulged in the couples retreat which included a 50 minute massage, a paraffin treatment to our feet, topped off with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.
5. Shopping at Foxwoods is an experience in itself. You will find boutiques and now you can hit the Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods! Find your treasures at over 80 of your favorite brand stores! Everything from clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, shoes, housewares to children’s apparel and specialty stores. I see birthday shopping in my future!
I brought a dress for dinner at Cedars Steakhouse and as we walked around, I was not happy with the way it looked. So what’s a girl to do??? Go shopping of course. I found the perfect outfit at White House Black Market so I has the sales lady cut the tags off, ring me up, and throw my “old” dress in a bag. I left the store in now one of my favorite outfits! I also shopped at a few of the “must stop” stores like OroGold, Steve Madden, and OMG they have an UGG store. You can see the full Tanger Outlets directory here.
6. Heaven Found – OK so I said five reasons but in order to celebrate a birthday you need cake or something sweet. We opted to stop at The Sugar Factory. I have never been and all I can say is, Holy Sweetness! I’m a sweetaholic and I wanted one of everything!!!! I decided on a simple sundae with two flavors of ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and shotz (some of you may call them sprinkles or jimmies). The smallest size sundae was meant for two but I took on the challenge! I also ordered my signature coffee (coffee, Kahula, and whipped cream). I do believe this was the first time in the two days that I didn’t talk, I did make lots of noise saying “Mmmmmmmm” and “Oh My”. Any drink on the menu can be with or without alcohol. Did I mention the menu was a book? Yep! It is, for real!
There is so much to do at Foxwoods besides hitting the casino but of course it’s always fun to play! I found a table to play my favorite game of Roulette. I played for a couple hours and I walked away a winner! Yes, winning is a plus but with everything Foxwoods Resort has to offer you are always a winner!
To learn more and book your vacation visit Foxwoods Resort and Casino